Thursday, September 18, 2014

C'est Moi

Hello! I'm Sam - fashion, photography, and art connoisseur, with a love of travel, dance, and cooking! Fashion and beauty are artistic outlets for me, especially when I'm so busy with college work that I don't have time to do anything else! 

My philosophy on fashion (yes I do have a philosophy) is perfectly summed up by the following quote:


I like to characterize my style as urban chic - artistic, sassy, sophisticated, with just a little bit edge. I usually construct my outfits with a neutral base with pops of color and a pair of really amazing shoes. My color scheme tends to be black, white, nude, and grey with pops of muted, pastel, or jewel tone colors. I love using lace, chiffon, and leather accents to spice up staple pieces, like a basic white button down. 

To me, shoes are the foundation of all things fashion. They are wonderful, majestic creations that make every day so much sweeter. Shoes make or break an outfit: if you're wearing ratty jeans and a slouchy sweater with a pair of UGGs or worn in sneakers, it's pretty obvious you didn't care that morning. But take the same jeans and sweater and add a pair of Oxford flats or wedge ankle boots and, all of a sudden, you have the perfect understated chic look. 

I think the type of shoes we each gravitate towards says a lot about who we are. Take ballet flats for instance- they're classic, sweet, comfortable, convenient, and simple (usually). Oxford flats show a tendency towards vintage-y looks and relaxed, yet put together, silhouettes. If UGG boots and the like are your staple, chances are you're sporty casual, looking for comfy, cute and convenient. Cowboy boots and riding boots are relaxed yet elegant. Pumps and heels are major statement shoes, indicating ambition, style, class, and sophistication...the ultimate power shoe - think Wall Street Woman with places to go and people to see. And then there's my favorite category: boots and ankle boots. Chic, sexy, sassy, and sophisticated, with a bit of an edge - boots are the ultimate outfit elevator. 

Of course, these are all generalizations, but the foundations are there. So then the ultimate question is: who do you want to be? 

On that note, I bid you all adieu and hope everyone is having a lovely fall week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment